Seated on the table, glowing in red, smiling and waiting for you to relish it. But nah, that’s not happening. Day’s passing and poor little apple often gets neglected and left behind while you gobble up the other fruits on the tray.
Sometimes you find the apple tree growing in your tiffin bag and other times you spot the apple tree springing in the bin. Such a sad way to see this rich in fiber and Vitamin A fruit go all waste. But not any longer, cause I’ve found an interesting alternative to savor and enjoy the apple which comes in a variety of colors and sizes. Let the sweet tale begin 🙂
Rabdi is very popular and most preferred cuisine of North India. The succulent and creamy rabdi is an alluring dessert and the taste of it would linger long on your palate. Adding apple makes it even more healthy, glad to have tried my hands on.
1 litre Full cream milk
2 Apples (grated)
4 tbsp Sugar (adjust as per sweetness)
2 tbsp Condensed milk (optional)
Pinch of Saffron (optional)
Pinch of Cardamom powder
1 tsp Ghee
- Heat the milk in a broad-deep non stick pan on a medium flame till it comes to boil.
- Simmer the flame and keep stirring and scrapping the sides of the pan continuously for approx 15 to 20 minutes or till the milk reduces to ½ its quantity.
- Add the sugar and keep stirring.
- Add the peeled and grated apple to the mixture while stirring.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and ghee roasted cashew-nuts and pistachios.
- Stir it well and turn off the heat. Let it cool and refrigerate the Apple Rabdi.
- You can either serve the Apple Rabdi, hot or cold as per your preference.
Ta-da!!! Got mine served cold and in two different styles, yummy.