Free Talk time & Internet data for Goa Youth
With subsequent initiative to make Goa cashless, the Goa Government is starting another initiative in this line, by launching and ambitious scheme for the youth in Goa by providing free talktime and internet data.
Launched by the central Government, the Yuva Sanchar Yojana will provide 100 minutes talk time and 3 GB Internet data free with a SIM card (every month) for youths aged between 16-30 years.
Features of the scheme:
- As a part of this scheme the youth of the state will be given a one-time SIM that will have 100 minutes of free calling option and 3GB internet data. The SIM that will be given will have a lifetime validity.
- This scheme will be valid for a period of three year and for this scheme the Goa government has signed Vodafone as their cellular partner.
- The beneficiaries under this scheme will have to be residents of Goa for five or more years and they have to be between the age group of 16 to 30 years. Only the candidates who fulfill this category will be eligible for the SIM cards under this scheme.
- The main document required to apply for this scheme is the Aadhaar Card or the Voter ID card. Along with this the applicants has to provide a passport sized photograph.
- The implementation of the scheme will be done by the Goa Electronic Ltd and this scheme will be in support of the Prime Minister’s Digital India campaign.
- It has also been announced that the SIM card will be deactivated after the beneficiary crosses the age of 30 or if the person is reported to have been misusing the SIM card. The SIM card can also be deactivated if the beneficiary wants it to be.
- Under this scheme a web portal will be launched where all the notification and information regarding this scheme will be provided. No other details regarding this has been revealed as of now.
How to Apply :
Although, there is no proper way to applying this GYSY scheme came from the government official, it is expected to be released officially soon. Meanwhile, one can apply online by filling the online form or can download the form from the site and then after filling the form candidate can submit it on prescribed outlet. Data will digitize by Government. Once the candidate submits their form they will get Eligible message on alternate mobile no and to get the SIM from agreed Retail Outlet.
It is not allowed to use the SIM for any commercial purpose or any kind of misuse of it. If found misusing of it service will be discontinue.
The main target group of the scheme is the youth of the state of Goa. Under this scheme it has been announced that the youth of the state will be given free SIM cards which will have free calling and internet data. It is quite clear that this scheme has been planned to attract the youth toward voting in favor of the ruling party in the coming elections.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said the government can also discontinue with the scheme if a beneficiary is found to be misusing it.